Sunday, October 21, 2007

Dixon White Fly In 2007




This weekend was the annual Dixon White Fly In. I think this was the first time I had ever seen so many gliders flying Sheba Crater. Im sure Dixon was smiling down on all of us. I had a nice morning flight but as the day progressed I found myself shaking too much dust off my glider, my rear end and my ego. I was way over my head flying with these guys. Especially since I get little to no airtime here at home.


The big lesson for me this weekend was that long periods off are extremely detrimental to my flying. Its back to class for this little birdie before I hit those blue skies again.

In the meantime

A big hug goes out to Tanner and his beautiful wife for their hard work and dedication to Dixons dream, and dont forget Joel who made sure that all pilots got up and down the hill in style. Talented teacher, pilot and fun loving goofball Rob Sporer kept us laughing and seeing Dixons Sweet Wife Deb was amazing. I made some new friends and got to see some old ones as well . It made for a memorable weekend.

Dixon sure knew how to bring people together and he knew how to enjoy life. Still today he brings us all together in the playfull celebration of life. Thanks Dixon. We Love Ya.

No comments: